Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 03 16:44:05
From:      "ptiJo ptiJo" <ptiJo@noos.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [ HOWTO ] - XFree86 and 4 buttons touchpad

Hi,

I have one of those strange 4buttons touchpad on my laptop and only left/right buttons working.

The buttons look like :
  2
1 4 3

I tried several tunings on moused/XF86Configlike -m 4=2 -m 5=4 on moused, and Buttons=4 in XF86Config) but nothing seems to work.

Even xev only recognize button 1 and 3 only...

Has anyone succeeded in using those 4 buttons touchpad ? at least to have one button paste and even having buttons 2/4 work as a wheel...

thX for answers,
      Jo

PS: I work on FreeBSD-4.8RC/XFree86-4.3.0.1