Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:27:59 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vasil Dimov <vd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: graid3 device gives "Invalid argument" when requested to read >=128kb

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 04:56:57PM +0200, Vasil Dimov wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I managed to create a graid3 array which returns "Invalid argument" when
> I attempt to read more than 128k with a single read(2) call.
>=20
> Here is the test program:
[...]
> This is what /dev/raid3/r3test looks like
> (notice the sector size is 8192, that's why my test program is using
> multiples of 8192):
[...]

Using sectorsize larger than page size won't work with UFS anyway.
Not sure if this is graid3(8) issue or some general issue. Can you try
create provider with 8kB sectorsize using gnop(8) and retry your test?

	# gnop create -S 8192 /dev/ad0

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--/04w6evG8XlLl3ft