Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:36:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        alfred@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        prog@msobczak.com, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: C++ in the kernel

In message: <20071030230013.GB33488@elvis.mu.org>
            Alfred Perlstein <alfred@FreeBSD.org> writes:
: I agree that we can use what's currently in C++, additional things
: we can hack in ourselves and/or propose in the meanwhile.

Most of the C++ features are implemented in libraries, even low level
things like exceptions and rtti.  One can often disable a feature by
refusing to provide the support routines.  No support routine, kernel
can't link, no problems created by naive use :-)

Warner