Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:44:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Lamont Lucas <lamont@cluepon.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   aviator 2.4 kit

I'm looking into wireless for my laptop at home to tie into one of the
various other freebsd boxen I have lying around.  Based on my positive
experience at LISA this year, I had planned on buying the lucent cards,
which I was positive I could get working, at $200 apiece.

However, a linux-centric friend of mine is considering buying a much
cheaper solution, the WebGear Aviator 2.4 pcmcia/isa kit.  It comes with 2
pcmcia cards, and 2 pcmcia/isa bridges.  Drivers for linux appear to be
under http://world.std.com/~corey/raylink.html.  The entire kit is $139,
so even though it's much slower, it appears to be a much better deal.

Has anyone had any experience with these cards?  They claim to be 802.11,
but I don't know if that means they'll work with the regular wi drivers,
or what.  Any tips?

--
My hair is a gateway drug.