Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:30:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   jdk13 under 5.x?

i'd built it successfully many times under 4.x, but after moving to 5.1
(and downloading all the required files), i get:

root@mojo{jdk13}# make
===>  Building for jdk-1.3.1p8_2
# Start of jdk build
i386 Build started:   1.3.1-p8-mike-031105-19:11
ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
       to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build.
       A Java 2 SDK 1.3.1 build must be bootstrapped against any
       1.3 build. Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR setting, or
       just unset it, and start your build again.
Exiting because of the above error(s).
gmake: *** [sanity] Error 1
*** Error code 2
Stop in /usr/ports/java/jdk13.

i found a suggestion on the mailing list archive,

----
From:      "Rob" <polkrl@bellsouth.net>
Subject:   RE: jdk13 port broken?
I had the same problem. I used make WITH_LINUX_BOOTSTRAP=yes install
clean
----

that doesn't seem to help in my case.  setting BOOTDIR, ALT_BOOTDIR
or JDK13DIR (which Makefile uses to set ALT_BOOTDIR by default,
though it doesn't seem to be set) to variations of
/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/* or /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.3.1/jre/* doesn't
seem to help either.

i did notice http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/downloads/java.shtml says
1.3 only works with 4.x...  is this still the case?  i figure it is, so
maybe i should just wait for 5.2 or 5-stable and try again?  :)  i was
just wondering if anyone had gotten it working.  (wanting to get
openoffice installed again.)

please CC my directly, as i am not currently subscribed to this list.

thanks,

-mrh

From: "Spam Catcher" <spam-catcher@adept.org>
To: spam-catcher@adept.org
Do NOT send email to the address listed above or
you will be added to a blacklist!