Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 1999 23:02:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      A.Leidinger@WJPServer.CS.Uni-SB.de
To:        R.Inder@ed.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgraded to oblivion

On  2 Okt, R.Inder@ed.ac.uk wrote:

[cc-list trimmed]

> the link open...  So what would be the recommended way of switching
> between DoD and "off"?  ifconfig-ing the link down?

I didn't know if it is recommended, but it is the way I do it.
I've written two wrappers "isdn-up" and "isdn-down". They are SUID root
(because only root is allowed to ifconfig-ing the link down/up) and
only executable by a specific group.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                             Eat whales!
               Intelligent food for intelligent people.

http://netchild.home.pages.de   A.Leidinger+Home @ WJPServer.CS.Uni-SB.de