Date:      Wed, 09 Aug 2000 13:02:32 -0700
From:      Dave Tweten <tweten@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Several times over the last several days, I've sent

	subscribe freebsd-mobile
	subscribe freebsd-announce
	end

to Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG.

Every time, I get a message back from Majordomo saying, "Your request to
Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG ... must be authenticated."  This confirms that my
requests are properly formed.  Once, I misspelled "freebsd" as "freebse" and
Majordomo pointed that out instead of replying with the "... must be
authenticated" message.

I don't ever get the promised message containing the magic authentication
string.  Since I let the subscribed addresses default, the magic string
message must necessarily be sent to the same address that succeeds every time
for the "Your request ..." message.

Are the lists closed?  If so, someone please say so and I'll stop trying.  Are
they broken?  If so, someone please fix them.  Am I going wrong somewhere?  If
so, someone please steer me in the right direction.  This is being much more
difficult than it ought to be.

To the angel who finally helps, thanks.
--
M/S 258-5                     | 1024-bit PGP fingerprint: | tweten@nas.nasa.gov
NASA Ames Research Center     |  41 B0 89 0A  8F 94 6C 59 |      (650) 604-4416