Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:49:11 +0100
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        Phil Murray <pmurray@nevada.net.nz>
Cc:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "File too large" error when appending to a file of 130 MB

Hi Phil,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 02:24:39PM +1300, Phil Murray wrote:

> On 20/02/2012, at 10:36 AM, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> >
> > I have a problem with procmail which gets a "File too large" error when
> > it tries to write at the end of some mailbox file.
>
> Is procmail running from Postfix (or some other MTA)? I've hit this
> problem where Postfix has set a filesize ulimit, which all the scripts
> spawned from Postfix will inherit.
>
> In my case, I had a script that was hitting the filesize limit trying
> to log it's results to a logfile that doesn't get rotated. I imagine
> the same thing could happen with procmail, if postfix was calling it.

Yes that was the problem indeed.  Someone already contacted me
(privately, but I didn't notice at that time) pointing out the problem.
I've disabled the mailbox_size_limit in Postfix and the problem
vanished.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen

Men are born free and equal.  Later on, they're on their own.
				Jean Yanne