Date:      Mon, 07 May 2012 22:34:35 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_N=F8rgaard?= <norgaard@locolomo.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Write only directory.

On 07/05/2012 20:38, Paul Halliday wrote:
> Is it possible to let a user write to a directory but not access the
> file after they write it?
>
> The file is being transferred via scp and after the transfer I don't
> want them to be able to re-fetch or even get a directory listing.

Hi,

If user has no shell access I suppose the problem is that the user might
be able to overwrite an existing file. The problem is what
owner/permissions/flags the files will have after transfer.

I don't know if this will work, but check if setting append only flag on
a directory might do. I would expect the append only flag on a directory
to allow only creating new files, so existing files cannot be overwritten.

Other flags might also be required, also check what you can do with ACL
and extended attributes.

BR, Erik

--
M: +34 666 334 818