Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 15:44:22 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        alk@pobox.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: something is leaking

On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 12:17:27AM -0500, Tony Kimball wrote:
>  swap_pager: suggest more swap space: 124 MB
>
> Another one.  First rpc.statd grows to 126MB, now I come home from
> dinner and find that netscape 4.06 is at 89MB.  Something is leaking,
> and it is something deep:  rpc.statd is elf, and netscape 4.06 is
> a.out, so they have no shared libs in common.

It is 'normal' that netscape grow to that size.  I see it routinely.
Something also touch all of Netscapes memory in some cases (which is
really hatefull, as it makes my box swap-trash).

I'm not sure this is a bug or not; John Dyson was looking at it to
determine what happened just as he quit FreeBSD (and wasn't sure
whether it was a FreeBSD bug, either, though he said he suspected it
might be.)

Eivind.