Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:17:26 -0700
From:      "Gregory L. Wei" <gwei@calimetrics.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Upgrading my Hard disk

Hello --
I'm new to UNIX, but need to jump in and get some stuff done.

Can someone point me to a resource that would explain how to upgrade my BDS
2.2.5 server's HDD?

The current disk is 420Mb and I have a 1.7 that I'd like to move up to.

I bought this image-creation software called QuickStart from a company
called EST Inc.

It works great to create a disk image (including boot sector) of my current
HDD, but after restoring it to the 1.7Gig drive, BSD starts to boot, then
quits as it realizes that the drive geometry is different that it expects.
 Is there a better way to do this?  I bet there is.

Thanks for the help!

Gregory L. Wei
Systems Administrator  (UNIX novice....)  :-)
Calimetrics, Inc.
815 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 105
Alameda, CA 94501
voice:	510.864.4100 x129