Date:      Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:52:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      miy <miyako@sakr.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   upgrading to 3.3 release

	I am relatively new to FreeBSD, I bought 3.2-RELEASE 3 months ago
and have I managed quite well with everything up until this point. I have
tried to upgrade to 3.3 release a number of times, from sysinstall ->
Upgrade, I select full sources, binaries and docs, and use ftp to download
it all. once complete, I:

config myKERNEL
cd ../../compile/myKERNEL
make depend
make
make install

when I restart, everything works like a charm, but I am greeted again
with: FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE (myKERNEL)
I have downloaded and compiled the sources a number of times, and with
each attempt I get the same outcome. Where is my problem?