Date:      Sun, 13 Sep 1998 19:22:51 -0500
From:      "Gregory D. Moncreaff" <moncrg@ma.ultranet.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Networking Group <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Networking protocols

I don't know of any webpages as such,
maybe the following will be of use:

U Wisconsin had a project called ARGO
that was involved with the netiso stack,
you might find a couple of old postscript
documents there

a few people [but not a horde] have expressed
interest in these, myself specically with netiso
[ISO primarily, I have some updated sources]

there was a Marc.Giannoni@comsat.com that was
looking at netccitt

someone may refer you to Mitre as having worked
with this, but as far as I know there was little or
no documentation that they produced

the ISO specs or ITU equivalents [exclusive of routing]
are of course the best source of protocol internal info

there were a couple of experimental RFC's like
for runing multiple protocols over X.25 packet layer
or TCP using Big Addresses [TUBA], I think EON was
also in an RFC...

design & impl of 4.4 bsd is still fundamentally
useful for explaining os structures