Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:50:14 -0600
From:      "J Michael Graham" <jmgraham@midsouth.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ftp install problems

I'm using a laptop that is sufficiently too old to boot from CDROM.
I have a linksys fast Ethernet 10/100 pcmcia NIC that debian runs fine w/
the dummy driver set.
FreeBSD install doesn't even seem to detect it, and does not give any option
for Ethernet install.
However, the card has power, and the link light is good.
Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I'm an NT admin, trying to learn the *ix world as fast as I can, but this
has me plain stumped, as I didn't find ANYTHING in the install options that
has presented an Ethernet option for ftp install yet.