Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 2020 20:39:00 +0100
From:      Mike Clarke <jmc-freebsd2@milibyte.co.uk>
To:        "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] Planned deprecation of portsnap

On Sunday, 9 August 2020 17:27:01 BST RW via freebsd-ports wrote:

> What I'd like to see is a simple way to update the ports tree to match
> what was used to build the current packages in the repository.

Something I've felt in need of for a long time, and suggested from time to time
in the past.

What we need is a pkg command which returns the revision number of the
ports tree which was used to build the current repository. When provided with
that information I could run "svnlite up -q -r $REV $PORTSDIR" to keep my ports
and packages in sync.

--
Mike Clarke