Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:01:28 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>
To:        "N. R.R." <robalama@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: root directory link

> What problems might I encounter if I move my root directory to
> /usr/root/ and create a symbolic link?

Depends on what you mean by "my root directory".  If you mean
what you said, you'd be in deep trouble at your next reboot.  If
you mean "the home directory for the root user", then it won't
matter much -- it won't be there in single-user mode on reboot,
but that's not likely to impact you.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>