Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 18:36:03 -0500
From:      Ben Pitzer <uncleben@mindspring.com>
To:        jstarkey@polaris.umuc.edu, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Signal 11

John,

You might want to look for more confirmation of this elsewhere, but I'm
pretty sure that this error indicates some problems with your memory.  You
might want to look at your hardware, and see about swapping some new memory
modules in there just to be sure.  I did have this problem with installing
FreeBSD 3.4 on a friend's box a few weeks ago, and that's what it still
looks like is at issue there, even though he's switched to a different
OS.  He's convinced that it's something else, even as Red Hat 6.1 crashes
on him every 30 minutes.

Anyway, it's something to look into, at the very least.  Good luck!

Regards,
Ben Pitzer