Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2012 23:10:02 GMT
From:      Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        freebsd-sysinstall@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/174470: sysinstall(8): should be fixed to work with bsdinstall packages

The following reply was made to PR bin/174470; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Devin Teske <devin.teske@fisglobal.com>
To: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>, <oleg@bsdpower.com>
Cc: Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 15:02:23 -0800

 Another plan that I have in-motion is to [eventually] MFC bsdconfig to 9.x.

 Since bsdconfig is all about resurrecting sysinstall's post-install capabil=
 ities (package management included), the lay-of-the-land in 9.x should be:

 sysinstall is for legacy package management
 bsdconfig is for pkgng-based package management

 We should re-evaluate this PR whence bsdconfig is MFC'd to a 9 release as I=
  suspect it will fill the need/requirements of this PR.
 --=20
 Devin

 NOTE: bsdconfig is already in HEAD and you can play with it -- but you need=
  WITH_BSDCONFIG in src.conf(5) (alternatively, if you have the source check=
 ed out, you can simply cd to usr.sbin/bsdconfig and say "make all install" =
 to get started with bsdconfig(8) immediately).

 The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
 l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
 d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
 nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
  that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
 w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.