Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:28:31 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portaudit in periodic

Hello.
I'm running a dozen boxes (most being 6.2) with portaudit installed and
I usually get a port vulnerability report in the daily security run.

On one box, however, portaudit's db won't update automatically. The
security reports will mention no vulnerability, even when I know they
are there.
Running "periodic daily" from a shell does it all for good, so that for
a few days I'll see the correct warnings.
However, the database will then be stuck at that level, and won't be
upgraded again until I either manually rerun the previous command or run
"portaudit -F".

I looked over my config files, but could not guess what might be wrong.
Any hint?

  bye & Thanks
	av.