Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:35:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        netzwurm@debian.org
Cc:        coercitas@hotmail.com, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No way to disable loading of agp.1 on boot?

In message: <87n0lzmxte.fsf@foobar.toppoint.de>
            David Spreen <netzwurm@debian.org> writes:
: Heyho,
:
: "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> writes:
: > You misunderstand what you can set from the boot loader.  You can set
: > any variable you like at the ok prompt, even if you can't show it
: > first:
:
: Of course, but those variables don't work for me, so I want to know if
: I got something wrong. The kernel still hangs during that agp-pci-issue.
:
: any further suggestions?

OK.  I misunderstood your message then.  They were added relatively
recently to 5.0 (sometime just before RC1 or RC2 IIRC), so either they
do you no good because your problem is solved in different ways, or
you need to upgrade (or both).

Warner