Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 21:56:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        des@flood.ping.uio.no (Dag-Erling Smorgrav)
Cc:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sgmlformat & making release

Hi,

   I too see this type of failure until I can download the appropriate
distfiles into /usr/ports/distfiles...

   The file /etc/resolv.conf is copied from /etc to the chroot
area and is probably ok. I typically find that my upstream
domain name server is not responding correctly when this happens.

   From /usr/src/release/Makefile:

        if [ -f /etc/resolv.conf ]; then \
                cp -p /etc/resolv.conf ${CHROOTDIR}/etc; \
        fi

   Again, From /usr/src/release/Makefile, this should copy any ports
from /usr/ports/distfiles into the associated chroot area:

        if [ -d ${DISTFILES}/ ]; then \
                cp -rp ${DISTFILES} ${CHROOTDIR}/usr/ports/distfiles; \
        fi

   Hope this helps.

-John