Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:18:07 +0200
From:      "Jurzitza, Dieter" <DJurzitza@harmanbecker.com>
To:        <aic7xxx@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AIC7XXX on sparc with Promise Raid array

Dear listmembers,
I have given up using 6.3.9 on Sparc U60 with my Promise Array. The reason =
for this is the inpredictability of the resulting communication speeds I ge=
t.
I have seen anything in /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/1 from all devices at 3.3MByte /=
 s to correct speed settings.
I would be willing to track this down but I would need someone to support m=
y efforts regarding the interpretation of the results.
With 6.2.36 things are reproducable.
All the announcements about things that should occur - like the reporting o=
f the missing echo-buffer - I cannot see.
For now, I can say that 6.2.36 (coming with kernel 2.6.26) seems to be be m=
ore reliable than 6.3.9 on this arcitecture.
Take care

Dieter Jurzitza

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informati=
onen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemli=
ch erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen S=
ie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe diese=
r Mail ist nicht gestattet.
=20
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you =
are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) plea=
se notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized c=
opying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strict=
ly forbidden.