Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:39:30 +0200
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Chris Laco <claco@summitracing.com>
Cc:        Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>, Jason Stone <freebsd-security@dfmm.org>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, freebsd security <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>, security-officer@freebsd.org, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Subject:   Re: [fbsd] HEADS UP: FreeBSD 5.3, 5.4, 6.0 EoLs coming soon

Chris Laco <claco@summitracing.com> writes:
> From my personal experience of (4) 4.x machines and (1) 5.x machine,
> all on the same hardware, I've had more problems with my 5.x install
> than I ever did with my 4.x install. I'm afraid to even look to see
> if 6.0 will run on it.

The transition from 4.x to 5.x was very painful for a number of
reasons (both technical and organisational) mainly having to do with
trying to do too much at the same time.  6.x was a significant
improvement in terms of stability and maturity, and hopefully 7.x will
continue that trend.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no