Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 19:05:25 -0800
From:      "John Hengstler" <john@hei.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   16 port boca board

Greetings,

I have a 16 port boca board which I have been using for dialup accounts for
a while now on all releases of 2.2.5-stable through 2.2.7-stable on a 486
box.  With no problems.

I have been wanting to move them to my p-100 box with kernel compiled same
was as 486 (with the obvious pentium options).

Every reboot I have to watch for the silo errors immediately after the ports
initialize.   If I don't get them then the board works fine.   If I get
them, then typically most of the ports don't work, and the errors keep
coming, which of course requires a reboot.  I also notice the all the ports
aren't being found, which sometimes is the master port, which of course
requires a reboot.

What can I do to fix this problem.  Again everything runs fine on the 486..

Oh yeah I do have 2 different pentium machines that I have tried it on, but
same results.

Any help would be appreciated...

John Hengstler