Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:51:51 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/78240: Replace <literal> with <quote> around a #

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 09:50:32AM +0000, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>          (element literal
>  	  (make-sequence
>  	    (literal "``")
>  	    (process-children)
>  	    (literal "''")))
>
>  I'm not very acquainted with DSSSL, so this may be wrong.  The general
>  idea is that all <literal> elements will automagically quote their
>  contents, so we don't need to <quote></quote> literal stuff.

Yes I like the DSSSL solution.  Your code is correct but you may
prefer (next-match) to (process-children) if the intention is to add
quotes in ADDITION to the default formatting (monospace font?).  Your
current code uses quotes INSTEAD of the default formatting.

I'm just commenting on the DSSSL here -- I haven't really thought
about what looks best in all contexts

	- Murray