Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 15:08:21 -0500
From:      Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Backups with 9-STABLE -- Options?

With SU+J as the default filesystem, what options actually WORK now?

1. Dump "L" will NOT -- it doesn't hang any more but now just bitches
and refuses to run.  I suppose that beats a hang....

2. Dump without "L" and take your chances?  What risks am I running by
doing this on a running system?

3.  Other?

Dump has been the canonical means of backing up... forever.  And it
still is claimed to be the canonical means in the documentation.

So what options do we have now that actually work -- is there now a new
"canonical" backup method that is recommended?

--
-- Karl Denninger
/The Market Ticker ®/ <http://market-ticker.org>;