Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 2023 12:26:25 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        dereks@lifeofadishwasher.com
Subject:   Re: Is there a way to find out which git commit the pkg.freebsd.org repos were built on?

[Just fixing the CC.]

Derek Schrock <dereks_at_lifeofadishwasher.com> wrote on
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2023 14:04:28 UTC :

> On Sun, Jan 01, 2023 at 03:25:40PM EST, Mel Pilgrim wrote:
>> I asked this a long time ago, back when FreeBSD was still on Subversion,
>> and the answer back then was "not really". Has that changed?
>>
>> What I need is the ability to retrieve the output of git log -1
>
> If you look at https://pkg-status.freebsd.org/builds?type=package (make
> sure sorted by Started) see the build name. You can further limit by
> clicking on the poudriere icon beside the jail name to only look at 123,
> 131, etc... jails.

After a build's poudriere bulk run finishes there is more time
before the various package servers update. Matching a package
server's specific content near such a transition can be
problematical to automatically get correct.

For main's port builds there are build names like:

p460b8b74cf94_s4b0af11437

The "p" part 460b8b74cf94 identifies the ports
commit. The "s" part 4b0af11437 identifies the
commit for main [so, for now, 14].

The non-main builds just show the likes of
78bbde9c877d : the port commit. The Jail name
then identifies the ??.?-RELEASE involved but
via a somewhat variable naming convention. It
is not explicit to the patch level of detail.

The Ports column indicates if it is a quarterly
build vs. not.

The Status column having "stopped:done:" indicates
completion without crashes or such. "stopped:done:"
should have Remaining contain "0" but Remaining
being zero can happen for other forms of Status.

Lots of builds are incremental instead of being
bulk -a builds. Thus, lots of material was actually
built based on a prior commit but the more recent
commits are not supposed to have changed anything
that mattered (thus, the lack of a rebuild).

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com