Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 08:13:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      FreeBSD <freebsd@XtremeDev.com>
To:        Doug Reynolds <mav@wastegate.net>
Cc:        Rob <europax@home.com>, "ybbor@freedom.net" <ybbor@freedom.net>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Freebsd being hacked

1. Plan and understand what you need to do after format. Otherwise you'll
just get rehacked.
2. Format and reinstall.
3. Install 4.4-release. If you can't, or won't, go to single user
modem right after initial install process and disable everything
(ESPECIALLY telnetd) in single user mode before even going to multiuser.
Or just have it unplugged from the network during install until you've
disabled everything.