Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:38:58 +0000 (UTC)
From:      drseuk@sdf-eu.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6.1 hangs at mountroot> during bootup

Hi,

This has just occurred to one of our servers that installed and has been
working fine for months. The only thing that changed between it booting
and not booting was that we unplugged the keyboard and mouse prior to the
last successful boot and now get the mountroot message (even though the
keyboard and mouse are now plugged back in).

Does 6.1 assume that it should "become a serial console controlled server"
automatically if no KB/ mouse is attached and then alter some
configuration setting? (I'm guessing).

Regards,

James

--