Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:58:20 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        bag@sinbin.demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev)
Cc:        mishania@demos.su, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: troubles with smp kernel

Hi,

> > so for each of the 4 controllers (ahc0-3) we picked the correct APIC IRQs.
> > now the $64k question, is the system running any better this way?
> >

> no :( it reboots ... max working time ~1h
> when runing with one CPU it works ...
> i'l planing to test it with minimal needed number of cards

bummer....  well we definately did find and fix a problem.  My guess is
that whatever causes the PARITY ERRORS when adding the 2nd CPU is what
is causing the reboots.  when you say "when runing with one CPU it works"
do you mean with 1 physical CPU installed, or do you mean with 2 CPUs installed
but without starting up the 2nd one via sysctl?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD