Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 2002 17:11:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        "Kevin B. Hendricks" <kevin.hendricks@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        <dev@porting.openoffice.org>, <openoffice@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [porting-dev] Re: Crash with Test-Document in the second run. Memory allocation problem

Hi,

FreeBSD OO.org does crash in the second run. The MacOSx port does even crash in
the first run of 10erTest5b.sxw.

I'm interested what other ports do.

> That code does atomic increment and decrement for reference counted
> strings.

No. This code is fine, I've already veryfied this. I get this error only
because pStr->refCount doesn't get decremented due free() failing.

soffice.bin in free(): warning: page is already free

FreeBSD's free() does just issue a warning, thats why we get further with
-DFORCE_SYSALLOC. Without it, we fail earlier.

> > (gdb) p pStr->refCount
> > $3 = 1474660693
> >
> > (gdb) p pStr->length
> > $4 = -326937770

This lenght still looks bugus to me ...

Here is frame 3: I don't know how to preceed here ...

(gdb) frame 3
#3  0x281239a0 in SvtHistoryOptions::AppendItem(EHistoryType, rtl::OUString
const&, rtl::OUString const&, rtl::OUString const&, rtl::OUString const&)
(this=0xbfbfd374, eHistory=ePICKLIST,
    sURL=@0xbfbfd394, sFilter=@0xbfbfd414, sTitle=@0xbfbfd404,
sPassword=@0xbfbfd3b4)
    at
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice/work/oo_1.0.1_src/svtools/source/config/historyoptions.cxx:916
916             m_pDataContainer->AppendItem( eHistory, sURL, sFilter, sTitle,
sPassword );
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb) list
911
const   OUStringsFilter          ,
912
const   OUStringsTitle           ,
913
const   OUStringsPassword        )
914     {
915         MutexGuard aGuard( GetOwnStaticMutex() );
916             m_pDataContainer->AppendItem( eHistory, sURL, sFilter, sTitle,
sPassword );
917     }
918
919
920     //      private method
(gdb) p m_pDataContainer
$7 = (SvtHistoryOptions_Impl *) 0x81c5700
(gdb) p m_pDataContainer->AppendItem
$8 = &SvtHistoryOptions_Impl::AppendItem(EHistoryType, rtl::OUString const&,
rtl::OUString const&, rtl::OUString const&, rtl::OUString const&)

How can I debug that function pointer ?

Martin