Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:16:24 -0600
From:      Barth Weishoff <bweishof@cb670867-b.mdsn1.wi.home.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AMD Athlon and booting.

Hello.

  I've been directed to send this request here.

I have an AMD Athlon based system that is locking upon bootup while trying
to boot from either the distro CD (3.4-R and 4.0-RC3) or the floppy disks.

The system will display this message:

  /boot.config: -P
  Keyboard: no

  BTX loader 1.00 BTX version is 1.01

At this point the machine locks.   The machine configuration is as follows:

AMD Athlon 650MHz
FIC SD-II mainboard - http://www.fic.com.tw/motherboards/sd11/sd11intro.htm
Maxtor UDMA Mode 4 IDE disk on Primary IDE channel
Generic IDE CD-ROM on secondary IDE channel
Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller
Quantum Wide SCSI drive
Yamaha CDR drive CDR102 SCSI drive
196,608KB PC-100 memory
Diamond TNT2 Ultra AGP video (32mb)
Soundblaster AWE64
Happauge! WinTV Bt848 television adapter
Generic DC21x4 10/100 ethernet adapter

Let me know if you need more info, thanks!

-B. Weishoff
kosh@inxpress.net
bweishof@cb670867-b.mdsn1.wi.home.com
bew@aebs.com