Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 2004 07:14:29 +0800
From:      "jim paw" <glacius@linuxmail.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   help with /cdrom

i'm on a freebsd computer at my home. I want to install some ports from my desktop, not from sysinstall. When i go in the xterm shell i type in /cdrom so it mounts the freebsd disk so i can
continue on installing my ports, but instead it says permission denied. So i logged in as root and it still says permission Denied. I don;t know what to do to fix this. I want to be able to do quick
installs from the cd instead of going into sysinstall all the time. I use Kde as my xwindows.

Thanks, Jim