Date:      Mon, 14 May 2012 04:44:36 -0400
From:      Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de>
To:        vansi wow <vansiwow@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, sctp-impl@external.cisco.com
Subject:   Re: Regarding SCTP performance

On May 14, 2012, at 12:21 AM, vansi wow wrote:

> Hi All,
>          we have ported SCTP from FreeBSD 7.0 tree  , but we face the
Hi Vamshi,

I would recommend to use more recent sources... There has been a huge
number of bug fixes been committed. BTW: What exactly does "porting"
mean? What system are you using?
>=20
> issue that when we measure the throughput performance of the stack , =
we see
> that  SCTP throughput is half that of the TCP throughput .
>=20
> Is there some tuning which can be done or some tweaks which can help
> improve the performance .

>=20
>=20
>=20
> TCP :
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> SO_SNDBUF =3D 32768
> SO_RCVBUF =3D 32768
> Throughput: 5653KB/s
>=20
>=20
> SCTP:
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> SNDBUF =3D 838860
> RCVBUF =3D 838860
> Throughput =3D 2422 KB/s
Without any another information it is hard to say what is limiting the =
transfer.
Do you have any packet loss? What is the CPU load when doing the =
transfer?
FreeBSD 7 does not support CRC offloading...

Best regards
Michael