Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2000 12:17:37 -0700
From:      Kuzak <kuzak@kuzak.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Max 4 Cdroms?

I'm putting together a 9 cdrom, cd server and hoping to compare it to
an identical Windows NT machine..   I'm runnning into a problem with
more than 4 cd-roms though...  I have 5 hooked up right now, and
cd0-4 show up in the /var/run/dmesg.boot.  I went to make all the
dev stuff..  sh MAKEDEV cd0  -> cd3 worked fine, but when I ran a
sh MAKEDEV cd4, it appear that nothing was done, at least
ls *cd4* produces nothing.  I've been able to mount the other 4,
and tried using different cdroms to no avail.  Does FreeBSD only
support 4 cdrom devices, or am I doing something wrong?

    -Aric

Sorry if this is a double post, I sent the origional to just
questions@freebsd.org on accident, I'm not sure if that
is an alias for this mailing list or not..