Date:      Sun, 8 May 2005 14:05:10 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Patrick Domack <patrickdk@patrickdk.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   tap interface and locally generated packets

I have been working with tap interfaces, bridging and openvpn

Bridging works perfectly, and openvpn does too

Packet pings from the tap interface works to any ip address, on the local
machine or computer on the bridged network

Attempting to make a tcp connection works for bridged network, but not the
machine the tap interface is on

I have found this is due to tcp checksums not being generated, Packets
recieved over the tap interface on the client machine have blank (bad)
checksums.

I have looked at the source and it seems there is no interface to add the
checksums to be generated for the tap interface.