Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 1996 22:01:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@gargoyle.bazzle.com>
To:        Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org, dob@nasvr1.cb.lucent.com
Subject:   Re: guavac, libstdc++

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Ernie Elu wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get the guavac java compiler from
> http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~engberg/guavac to compile under FreeBSD
> current?
>
> Everytime I try it gets a link error from the g++ file tree.h saying that
> the varialbe rb_NIL is unknown. I can't find that variable in any of the g++
> libraries so it might be a bug that it's missing.
>
> - Ernie.

Hello
	There are three *.cc files in
/usr/src/contrib/libg++/libstdc++/stl

random.cc
tree.cc
tempbuf.cc

That are not being built under FreeBSD.  Should these three files
be added to the build process for libstdc++?  They really need
to be included into a library.

Thanks,
                                              Eric J. Chet
                                               - ejc@bazzle.com