Date:        Wed, 9 Aug 2000 22:06:45 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Sverrir Valgeirsson <sverre@esek.lth.se>
Subject:   Re: make buildworld over nfs

On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 09:49:16PM +0200, Sverrir Valgeirsson wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm trying to do a make buildworld on an old 486 witch is low on memory,
> so it takes ages to complete. I was wondering if it's possible to do it
> over nfs on a faster machine.
>
> Can it be done?

Sure, I do it all the time.

> What directories should I export to the build machine?. /usr/src and
> /usr/obj ?

Correct. (Actually I would suggest having the sources on the build machine
(which presumably has more disk space and gets faster disk access to the
source that way) and then export those directories to the installmachine.

Just make sure that /etc/make.conf are the same on both machines. Otherwise
you might end up trying to install some files that weren't included in the
buildworld.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson