Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:22:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Anders Andersson <anders@hack.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysutils/battstat-applet

--0-557594668-1012339368=:41290

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Anders Andersson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to upgrade sysutils/battstat-applet to the latest version
> without much luck. It fails on finding gettext-devel which it needs:
>
> [snip]
> checking for gettext >= 0.10.37... 0.10.35
> configure: error: gettext version 0.10.37 is required.
> [snip]
>
> Please see the attaches patch, I have tried to use the obvious hints for
> gettext-devel but I am suspecting $PATH gets included somewhere and
> messes it up.
>
> I tried a lot of different stuff I found in other ports Makefiles that
> needs gettext-devel but none seems to work. I also tried the
> --with-included-gettext without success.
>
> Am I missing something obvious? Just want to check with you before I get
> my hands dirty.

This patch will clean up the gettext configuration issue.  However, you're
going to run into problems actually getting libapm to compile due to
apparent Linux-isms.

Joe

> --
> Anders Andersson <anders@hack.org>
> UNIX, Networking and Security consultant
> +46 (0)705 87 53 35

--0-557594668-1012339368=:41290
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--0-557594668-1012339368=:41290--