Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 1996 22:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        obrien@antares.aero.org (Mike O'Brien)
Cc:        louie@TransSys.COM, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba XM-3501B scsi jumper config?

> 	Thanks, that did the trick.  I had to get out a powerful
> magnifying glass to see the markings for the pins.  Also, the
> manufacturer had "parked" additional jumpers across adjacent pins
> on one side of the jumper set, which looked really screwball till
> I figured out they were non-functional.

It is quite common for vendors to ``park'' the extra jumpers on the
ground side of the connectors.  This makes it easy for OEM's such
as myself to know what side of the connector pins are the ground
side when hooking up external scsi id switches.  It also saves us
from digging in the parts drawers for spare jumpers ;-).

The pins are not so much ``non-functional'', it just doesn't do anything
when you hook 2 ground pins togeather :-)