Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 2004 19:48:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Daryl Chance <chancedj@yahoo.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD 5.2.1-p4 and mysqld problems

ah! thanks :)

It just happened again and I was able to collect the
data again.

Before I did mysqladmin shutdown/killall -11 mysqld
http://sql.tribalwar.com/before-ps.txt

a few times the 3 giant processes would show as -, but
then it got to the point where they weren't changing
one bit (staying at Giant)

after I did mysqladmin shutdown/killall -11 mysqld
http://sql.tribalwar.com/after-ps.txt

this eventually cleared up after a minute or so.

I've given some serious thought to upgrading to
-CURRENT, but with the network stack commit comming
soon (or happening now), I don't want to get caught in
the middle of it and have severe problems. Perhaps I
should use a tag for the time right around the sysctl
change for the mp stack?

The guy running the site just wants me to (have
someone at the colo) format the machine and go back to
4.9.

Oh, I now have witness in the kernel...no deadlocks
from what I've seen.

HTH,
Daryl