Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:20:51 -0600
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "InvictaNet Customer Support" <support@invictanet.co.uk>, "Freebsd-ISP" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sendmail 8.11.1 and cyrus sasl

From: "InvictaNet Customer Support" <support@invictanet.co.uk>
> I've done all this (apart from the make world at the bottom) but still get
> relaying denied. I run FreeBSD 3.4 and Sendmail 8.11.1, I really do need
> get SMTP AUTH running, can anyone offer any suggestions of where to look.

Look here for info on setting up SMTP AUTH:

> > from http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html

Since FreeBSD3.4, has Sendmail 3.9.x, we'll assume your either installing
sendmail 8.11.1 manually or via the port.  As the "Sendmail.README" in the
security/cyrus-sasl port is specific to FreeBSD 4.x w/sendmail 8.11.1.

You will need to add the following to ${FILESDIR}/site.config.m4 and
${FILESDIR}/site.config.m4.pre4 (if using sendmail port) or
devtools/Site/site.config.m4 (if using sendmail sources):

>     APPENDDEF(`confENVDEF', `-DSASL -D_FFR_UNSAFE_SASL')
>     APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_LIBS', `-lsasl')
>     APPENDDEF(`confLIBDIRS', `-L/usr/local/lib')
>     APPENDDEF(`confINCDIRS', `-I/usr/local/include/sasl')

If your still having problems, and noone here can help you, try posting a
message to comp.mail.sendmail and Claus Aßmann may give you a tip on how to
solve your problem.

Scot