Date:      Sat, 02 Oct 2004 01:16:06 +0400
From:      Denis Saveliev <ds1@kodeks.karelia.ru>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   hangs with aic7xxx

Hi!

would you professionals help me to get rid of an error:

I have Adaptec 2930U2 scsi board and Seagate Cheetah ST330607LW - only 1
hdd. Linux Suse 9.1, default kernel

I get the following error messages in log

kernel: Recovery code sleeping
kernel: (scsi0:A:1:0): Abort Tag Message Sent
kernel: Recovery code awake
kernel: Timer Expired
kernel: aic7xxx_abort returns 0x2003
kernel: scsi0:0:1:0: Attempting to queue an ABORT message

kernel: CDB: 0x2a 0x0 0x0 0x4e 0xcd 0xc0 0x0 0x0 0x10 0x0
kernel: scsi0: At time of recovery, card was not paused

kernel: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dump Card State Begins

kernel: scsi0: Dumping Card State in Message-out phase, at SEQADDR 0x16e
kernel: Card was paused

this causes temporary system hangs...

Yes, the board is old, but this configuration worked with Debian and
kernel 2.4. I tried to compile 2.6.8 with only the old aic7xxx driver,
the same result but it only says "Device reset, Message buffer in use"

smart status of the drive is ok, temperature is not high, it has
ultra320-compatible cable with a terminator at the end.

Thanks a lot in advance, Denis