Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 10:13:50 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD Logo

On May 10, 2006, at 2:41 AM, Beech Rintoul wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 May 2006 00:30, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>> On May 10, 2006, at 2:25 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>>> He became a mascot only after the 'new-logo' people
>>> started agitating for the sex-ball.  Prior to that all the
>>> literature referred to him as a logo, when the word logo was
>>> used.  (which wasn't often, but it was used)
>>>
>>> This is nothing more than an argument of appeasement and
>>> has been explained before in this forum, please quit insulting
>>> our intelligence.  We all know that Beastie's place as the
>>> logo has been supplanted, and your side won, and your crude
>>> attempt to explain away Beastie is insulting.  You won, be
>>> content with that.
>>
>> Wow, Ted a top-poster!
>>
>> A professional evaluation of "beastie" showed he was not a logo and
>> had served as a poor-one at that in his ersatz role as a wanna-be
>> logo.   (Note that I did not say that Beastie was poor but that he
>> had served as a poor logo based on professional criteria of what
>> makes a good logo).  Beastie has his place.
>>
>> Chad
>
> That's all well and good, but I for one don't plan to replace the =20
> "powered by"
> beastie logo on any of my sites with that sex-toy. It would be =20
> interesting to
> see how many webmasters agree with me.

We have had this out before.  No one is asking you or forcing you to =20
replace any beastie you have anywhere.  Can me move on?  The post I =20
made was specifically in response to one from Ted where he made =20
claims about professional reviews of the new logo.

For the record, the new logo doesn't impress me either.

move along

Chad

> Beech
>

>>> Ted