Date:      Tue, 03 Nov 1998 20:25:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, "Justin M.Seger" <jseger@freebsd.scds.com>
Subject:   Re: boot.conf

Mike Smith, On 03-Nov-98 you wrote:
> > Is there a document of any sorts documenting the format of boot.conf?
>
>  It's just a series of commands for the interpreter; the current syntax
>  is described reasonably succinctly in sys/boot/common/help.common,
>  although with the Ficl issue it's likely that there will be some
>  changes coming.

Ficl issue?  Missed that one.  In case nobody said that publicly, and since
you seem the spokesman for the new boot;  Job Well Done!  Thanx!

BTW, I made good on my threat to really get involved in this project;  I
just installed a compile machine and am rebuilding it now.

It is something called AlphaPC LX164 or some such.  Looks like a PCI
motherboard. Not at all like the PWau.

Also, NFS seems reasonable between the two machines.  And stability is
excellent.

Simon

BTW, performance is not so bad either.

Simon