Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 18:06:32 +0530
From:      Sid Carter <sidcarter@symonds.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD/ports: Problem with mysql-server compile - mysql_install_db

Hi,

Am having problems compiling the mysql-server package from ports.

This is the error I get
--------------------------------------
Preparing host table
Preparing user table
Preparing func table
Preparing tables_priv table
Preparing columns_priv table
Installing all prepared tables
mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this
binary or one of the libraries it was linked agaist is corrupt,
improperly built, or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by
malfunctioning hardware.  We will try our best to scrape up some info
that will hopefully help diagnose the problem, but since we have already
crashed, something is definitely wrong and this may fail

key_buffer_size=8388600
record_buffer=131072
sort_buffer=2097144
max_used_connections=0
max_connections=100
threads_connected=0
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (record_buffer + sort_buffer)*max_connections = 225791
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok, if not, decrease some variables in the equation

Installation of grant tables failed!

Examine the logs in /var/db/mysql for more information.
You can also try to start the mysqld daemon with:
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld --skip-grant &
You can use the command line tool
/usr/local/bin/mysql to connect to the mysql
database and look at the grant tables:

shell> /usr/local/bin/mysql -u root mysql
mysql> show tables
--------------------------------------

I am also getting these errors from syslog

---------------------------------------
pid 39550 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
pid 49214 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
pid 68159 (conftest), uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
---------------------------------------

There is no log in the /var/db/mysql/ directory.

This is a fresh install of mysql-server. Any solution to this ?

uname -a
--------
FreeBSD calvin 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Tue Aug  6 16:00:04 IST 2002     root@calvin:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Thanks
Regards
	Sid
--
I've known him as a man, as an adolescent and as a child -- sometimes
on the same day.

Sid Carter                             FreeBSD oder Debian GNU/Linux.