Date:      Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:26:25 +0100
From:      "Alexandre Vieira" <nullpt@gmail.com>
To:        "Ariff Abdullah" <ariff@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcm0 + rl0 in the same irq causes panic

Hello,

I think i didn't explained myself:

With 6.2-PRERLEASE I tested mpg123 in the console and it played fine,
no problems. When I start kde it will panic with kernel trap 19 being
the criminal proc "artsd". If I skip artsd it will run just fine (like
now).

With -CURRENT I've used KDE also but don't remember if I used artsd in
any ocasion. It worked with applications like mplayer or amarok.

I could only repro this problem with artsd, everything else works just
fine.. Dont think that its related to the link you posted.

Also, I haven't crashdumped anything for ages, my kernel has the
"makeoptions DEBUG=-g" and I've set dumpdev to my swap device ad03b
(/dev/ad0s3b             none            swap    sw              0
  0) but this is what I get:

Checking for core dump on /dev/ad0s3b...
savecore: no dumps found

And when it panics I see it saving the stack trace.

Anything changed in the stack trace recovery process?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

--
Alexandre Vieira - nullpt@gmail.com