Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:57:16 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <riccardo@righi.ml.org>
To:        Mike Frizzell <MFrizzell@swst.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Y2K certified?

the problem is of applications you use on a system also
FreBSD is YK2 compiland because it stores  infoes about  dates
in seconds from the epoch 1st January 1970 so it has not problems with
year 2000. the problem is eventually is some applications which could
crach becaues they are not YK2 compilant. So this is not a problem of
FreeBSD. As far as I know GNU is rewriting all programs in order to make
all of them YK2 compilant

Rick