Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 11:38:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XFree 4.1.0 build problems

Dear Sirs.

For a while I used XFree 4.03 with success and now I want to build
the new XFree 4.1.0 port. But it doesn't work on all of our FreeBSD
systems (FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE, most recent cvsupdate).

The main source tree is kept on a NFS server, exported writeable to
other machines for port building convenience. The only one who builds
theses ports is me. So there aren't any problems in a concurrent access.

On time I get an error like a function Xdp or similar could not be found,
but the most often occuring error is this one:

.././config/imake/imake: not found
*** Error code 127

What is this? imake is part of the system and part of the XFree distribution?
This error occurs many times on different machines and I'm unable to build
the port.

I removed the complete XFree86-4 subdirectory and cvsupdated it again, but that
didn't help much. Has anyone any glue?

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinensaal)