Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 2010 02:25:33 +0100
From:      Christof Schulze <christof.schulze@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Driver for LEDs on Logitech MX610

--nextPart3936997.tTtWGuxrO3

Hello everyone,

currently I own a logitech mx610 which is a mouse that registers as two=20
separate USB devices (lsusb -vvv output [3]). One for the regular mouse usa=
ge,=20
the other for controlling the LEDs that are on the mouse. They do register =
as=20
ugen and ums device on FreeBSD. Since I find it cool I would like to use th=
ose=20
LEDs for various notification purposes.
There is a hack to make use of these LEDs on Linux available [1] which is n=
ot=20
written with portability in mind from what I can tell. So I would like to g=
et=20
this working on FreeBSD and looked into the matter. It seems like I want to=
=20
control those LEDs using usbhid. The manpage however is quite sketchy and I=
=20
cannot make heads or tails of it.=20
I would greatly appreciate some help in getting this to work. I'd like to k=
now=20
what I have to do to the device to send the commands needed which are=20
represented by the control char array given in [1].

Thank you very much in advance.

[1] http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2029
[2] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/nut-upsdev/2008-
January/002820.html
[3] http://pastebin.com/f1c76b219

kind regards

Christof

=2D-=20
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail=20